16.11.14

DIGITAL SCRAPBOOK LAYOUTS

More Studio J Layouts with my Favorite Subjects

 I found some time yesterday to make a few layouts in Studio J. I had a couple of fun days with my grandchildren that had not yet made it into their scrapbooks.

The first was a trip to the Children's Museum in Houston that sadly took place a few years ago. I think the layouts turned out nicely, and I'm happy to have the them finished. 

As soon as you finish your Studio J layouts they send you a jpeg, so I am able to share with you while I'm waiting for the finished products to arrive in the mail.


 This trip to the museum was shortly after my granddaughter decided to cut her own hair. It's a memory we will all be glad to have photos of. I will likely add journaling in my own handwriting once this two page spread arrives. There were so many pictures of this day that I ended up with three 2 page spreads.




 I loved how fun this paper collection was, and the gears and hexagons were perfect for a day at the Children's Museum. We all had such an amazing day, and I know my grandkids will enjoy flipping through their photo album, and remembering all the fun.

The other event that I needed to scrap was our trip to the pumpkin patch this year. Since I have started scrapbooking I try to keep up with the new, and go back to the older photos as I can. 

I decided to use the Pathfinding paper pack for this layout. You will note that my grandson has become hard to track down for photos, but my granddaughter will holler "take a picture!" as she poses at every possible location. I would have preferred to scrap the same amount of photos of each, but his reluctance to be in photos with be a memory we laugh about also.


 I really was reluctant to try digital scrapbooking. It didn't seem as personal, or as much fun. However, I love the way these layouts turned out. I also love that Studio J will size my photos to fit in the layouts I choose. I did not have to run out and have my pictures printed  and then crop them to fit in my layout. All of that work was done for me. If you would like to see how easy Studio J digital pages are to make, check it out here.

I will still continue with traditional, and pocket scrapbooking, but add some digital layouts in also. I like the idea of a scrapbook with different types of layouts. 

Have you tried digital scrapbooking? Are you a traditional scrapper, or maybe a Project Life, or Picture My Life scapper? I would love to hear which you prefer, and why.

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog design by Rainy Day