24.11.14

Adventures in Art Journaling

Trying Something New

 

 I have never really tried mixed media other than a few Heidi Swapp sprays. Does that count? Probably not. One of the YouTubers I follow has started a series on learning how to art
journal. I love looking at other people's art journals, and even purchased a book of blank pages intending one day to try it out. 

After watching Tracy @ Tracy's Treasures' video, I decided to stop thinking about it and get started. So far I have only decorated the cover, and prepped my first page, as you can see from my video.

I consider myself a crafter, not an artist, so I need to remember to "strive for progress, not perfection." I have no idea who said that, but I'm using it as my mantra during this foray into art journaling. 

Supplies
Pathfinding Workshop on the Go 
Hopscotch Alphabet 
Autumn Terracotta Dye Ink 
GoldRush Dye Ink 
Olive Dye Ink 
Distress ink 

I hope to make a video each week showing my progress. Have you considered art journaling? Why not grab some supplies and follow along? If you are already art journaling, I will take all the advice I can get. 


2 comments

  1. I like your quote idea for second page . Song lyrics might also be fun. Looks like your are off to a great start and I like the colors you are using .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Song lyrics are a great idea. We will see how brave I get as I go along. lol

      Delete

Blog design by Rainy Day