13.9.14

WHY NOT HAVE A DIY HALLOWEEN?

MY  HALLOWEEN PLANS


My first two Halloween cards of the year

CARDS

I have about 10 kids under the age of 10 that I will be making Halloween cards for. I guess 2 is a good start, right? I'm loving some of my new Close to My Heart Halloween supplies so much, I might have to make a few for the over 10 set. 

These cards were made with white daisy cardstock, papers from the Scaredy Cat paper pack, the Creepy Creatures stamp set, What a Hoot stamp set (August stamp of the month and no longer available), and a mix of Shinhan and Copic alcohol markers. I also added a little glossy accents, and glitter marker here and there. I never feel like a project is finished until there is a little bling or glitter. 

DECORATIONS

A couple of our favorite Halloween decorations will need to be replaced this year I'm afraid. Our motion activated ghoul was a big hit with the grandchildren, but I don't think it will last through this season. I really hate to buy another one, so I have been thinking about some other decorations. Maybe a burlap wreath? I feel like I am the only one who has not crafted with burlap. How adorable is this witch wreath I found on the Reason to Come Home Blog. I'm not sure I am up to it, but the lovely Paige sure made it look easy.


 I have also been thinking about decorating some of the faux pumpkins I keep seeing at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. It is often so warm here in October that real pumpkins turn to mush quickly. Wouldn't a few glow-in-the-dark pumpkins be great? I'm loving this mummy pumpkin I found directions for on the Michael's website. 
Glow-in-the-dark mummy pumpkin
Besides some pumpkin creations, I would like to make my grandchildren a Halloween countdown calendar. I think they get more excited about Halloween than they do Christmas. 

TREATS

Trick or treat night seems to be a thing of the past, at least around here. I think most attend fall festivals and parties instead. I will put together some treat bags just in case we get a few knocks on the door, and also for the young children we know. I have Stayzon ink so I will probably stamp and decorate treat sized ziplock bags. Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and the various Dollar stores, usually have erasers, pencils, notepads, etc that can be put in the treat bags. I will try to limit the sugary and noisy items so I stay in the parents' good graces. If you want an easy DIY treat bag option, the Close to My Heart Cut Above Kits are adorable. 
CTMH Cut Above Halloween Treat Bags

My grandchildren at a fall festival two years ago

 I'm also certain I will sit down in front of my Cricut, sign on to Cricut Craft Room, and come up with more ideas for Halloween decor and treats. If I am short on ideas, I'm sure fellow crafters will soon be posting their own ideas and creations on YouTube and Pinterest.  

Have you started planning for Halloween or Fall fun? If so, let me know your plans. 

Don't forget when you place an order for any of the awesome new Close to My Heart products you are entered into my Crafts for a Cure Club and well on your way to earning free products. Find more info by clicking on the Join the Club tab at the top of this page.






No comments

Post a Comment

Blog design by Rainy Day