27.9.14

HALLOWEEN CARD SERIES CARD #1

EEK & SHRIEK

Close to My Heart Eek and Shriek stamp set

Fun folds and googly eyes!

I wanted to make a card than didn't require a die cut machine, and anyone with basic tools could make. I did use my Cuttlebug for one of the layers, but it isn't necessary. You could simply keep the cardstock just as is, or use another print. 

There is a video below so that you can see the card, and how easy it is to put together. I used the Scaredy Cat paper collection from Close to My Heart along with the stamp set.  


Just in case it wasn't clear how I folded the square piece in the middle of the card, here are a few photos.


 First I took a 4 inch square and scored it at 2 inches, turned 180 degrees and scored at 2 inches again. If you don't have a scoring board simply fold the paper in half both horizontally and vertically. I drew pencil lines so you can see a little better.



Next I folded all of the corners to meet in the middle.  Again it is easier to see if you make light pencil lines.

The last step is to fold the points back out to the very edge of the square. Now you are ready to decide how you want to add it to your card. This is a standard A2 sized card measuring 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. The thistle layer was cut at 5 1/4 x 4. The inside layer of double sided paper  was cut at 5 1/4 x 4, and the white layer was cut at 5 x 3 3/4.

Do you make Halloween cards? Comment below and let us know what your plans are for this fun holiday.



No comments

Post a Comment

Blog design by Rainy Day